[Northkeep] FW: BBC News ENGLAND Viking blood still flowing

Marc Carlson marccarlson20 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 11 11:21:00 PST 2001

>From: HNiewoehner at netscape.net (Hugh Niewoehner)
>>   Vikings and DNA in the UK...interesting!  :)

Interesting, yes.

But...

"The genetic material in the samples was compared with DNA taken from people
in Scandinavia where some locals are thought to be most similar to the
Vikings."

By whom?  Based on what criteria? Sorry, I have issues with the way the
Media tends to present Science, and how that "voodoo-science" tends to
affect what the public and eventually the academic community wind up
believing to be "true".

Never mind.

Thank you for posting it -- it was a good idea (no matter how much I kvetch
about the press).

M/D