[Northkeep] FW: BBC News ENGLAND Viking blood still flowing

Ivo Blackhawk ivo_blackhawk at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 11 11:45:24 PST 2001

I have a problem here. Acording to my histroy books, the 'Vikings'
-scandanavians- were not only a major force in england prior to 1066
-hastings- but they ran the island. There were two major migrations from
scandanavia, and the first king to rule over a 'single english kingdom' was
scandanavian; Cnut.

Besides, and sopmeone check me on this, 1200 years ago puts it about 800 ad,
right?

wasn't that right about the time of the first scandanavian migration?

With that much infulence, wouldn't scandanavian genetic material be present
in the english population throuhg most of english histroy.

also, how are they defining 'vikings'?

I think im just having trouble understanding what the point of this article
is.

Lord Ivo Blackhawk