NK - meaning of the barony name.

Hugh & Belinda Niewoehner the_burg at busprod.com
Tue Jan 23 10:13:04 PST 2001

Keep refers to walled fortification, or castle in my understanding.  In
Germany burgs referred to fortified castles and schloss to palace type
"castles".  If it was just a tower it would be a turm (there is an umlat
over the u).  We think of Northkeep as a fortified castle so we use
Nordburg.  However, His Excellency prefers Nordwerk, I believe, which is
Scandinavian.  That would probably also work for a northern German.  I'm
sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Ismet