[Northkeep] Picnic on the 21st

Anthony Lackey catan at webzone.net
Wed Jul 4 13:54:13 PDT 2001

    Well, proceeding with a vicar could be done, but for how long?  Whether or
not we get to do that is not up to us.  Let us consult our rulebooks again,
paying particular attention to the parts that say respectively, "The SCA is not a
democracy" and, "Baron/esses serve at the pleasure or discretion of the Crown".
Whether the discretion of the Crown is arbitrary, offensive, unkind, unreasonable
is arguable, but in the final analysis moot.  Speaking of the moot, perhaps those
not in attendance might speak with those who were before going off half-cocked?
Even I, with short-term memory probs can likely relate what was discussed and why
what was decided is so.  This is not moving much faster than it would have under
normal circumstances.  The illlusion that it would have been under our democratic
control might have been easier to sustain, but that's about all.
    While others were not apparently paying attention, the investigation of the
Society Seneschal was/is proceeding.  We are still asked to send letters or call
her.  Contact info has been on the list.  Participate.

Catrin