[Northkeep] The Nina in Musckogee

Marc Carlson marccarlson20 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 3 16:39:26 PST 2001

I know that several people have mentioned this before, but after going down
to visit the place today, I felt that it needed to be stressed.
There is a hand maded reproduction of the Nina currently stopped at Muskogee
until the 14th of November -- at which point it will sail off  for Grand
Caymen.  It's excellent, and if you have a persona that has  anything to do
with the sea, you are doing yourself a disservice to miss it.

If nothing else, it's almost worth the $4 to hear some of the misconceptions
that the other _tourists_ share with each other (they were all much smaller
than we are today, they didn't use caulking back then (I swear, one guy told
his wife that they plugged the ships with mud...)).

Anyway, the -ship- is worth the trip, the floor show is just gravy.
For any of you who've taken my class on the medieval mindset, it's a perfect
example of some of the things discussed there.

Marc/Diarmaid
(marc-carlson at utulsa.edu still works just fine -- my boss is just getting
weird about discussion groups)