[Northkeep] Other History Question

Alton lePeto altonscompany at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 30 10:59:07 PST 2001

Susan <catmafia at swbell.net> wrote:

>I noticed from the history that we used to participate in the Mayfest each
>year, does anyone have memories of what was done then?

Probably the last Mayfest we did was when I was still holding the
DemoDir/Hosp office.  It was always a good demo, and we generally had good
turnout from the area (including Bois d'Arc) to participate.  However, it
was basically a "fair" setting and you had to compete with clog dancers,
singers, etc.  We also never really got many people interested in joining
through that demo.  But it was fun!
I remember Beorlic cutting watermelons up for the crowd with a sword and
axe.  It was also a nice chance to get to see some of the Bison's
Run/Crane's (something) folks in Bartlesville.  There's actually a pretty
great community of folks up there.

Alton
(email)  Altonscompany at hotmail.com
(webpage)  http://altonscompany.homestead.com