[Northkeep] Sheep News

dhartzm at dellepro.com dhartzm at dellepro.com
Sat Sep 15 10:33:38 PDT 2001

Greetings unto the Populace of Northkeep,

This is not your ordinary society news but rather of a mundane nature so I
do hope the Seneschal will not be too terribly annoyed at me.

If you and your family enjoy looking at the livestock, or if you know of any
friends of co-workers who enjoy going through the animal barns at the Tulsa
State Fair, please stop by the Colored Wool Display in the sheep barn on the
first weekend of the fair (September 29-30).  The Tulsa Handspinners, of
which I am a member, will be having demonstrations and displays.   Most of
the public is not aware that the fair board is working very hard to do away
with the sheep (other than, at least at this time, those exhibited by the
FFA/4H) and goats.  We'll be having petitions and letters for our visitors
to sign which hopefully will awaken the fair board and the woman in charge
to the feelings of the public.  She's a city gal and sees no value in sheep
and goats.  Apparently she feels that the fair is supposed to be run like a
corporation with profit as the where all/be all.  I plan on being out there
both days, pretty much all day, and would love to see pages of signatures to
present to these narrowsighted people.

Hope to see y'all out there.

Debroa