[Northkeep] Baronial Polling

Jennifer Carlson talana1 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 7 11:49:17 PDT 2001

Gracious Majesty,

You have our sympathies with regard to the misfortune that has struck your
home.  Many of us in Northkeep have known hardship at the swift-striking
hands of storm, fire, and death.  We understand the difficulties of getting
one’s ship back on an even keel after Fortune’s Wheel has lurched it off
plumb.

There should be no problem in proceeding with having the polling in
Northkeep on the Sunday of Weisenfeuer’s event.  We have, I am told, already
secured a room on the University of Tulsa campus, which is about an hour and
half’s drive from Camp Cimmaron – well within the guidelines Your Majesty
laid down.  We Northkeepers have already planned our schedules for the
polling to be in our barony on that day.

I do not foresee any difficulty in finding volunteers to transport Your
Majesty from Camp Cimmaron to Tulsa and back on the appointed day, to save
Your Majesty’s entourage the extra work and mileage.  Or, perhaps, your
entourage could return South after the event, and Your Majesty could return
home via air travel instead?  We have raised collections to cover travel
expenses for distinguished guests in the past.  For an event as important as
the polling for our next Baron and Baroness, I feel sure we would do the
same.

In servicio,

Dunstana Talana the Violet
Ordo Lauralis, Iris of Merit, Sable Crane, Sable Thistle (twice), Sable
Comet