[Northkeep] Baronial polling

marc-carlson at utulsa.edu marc-carlson at utulsa.edu
Fri Sep 7 14:32:44 PDT 2001

Quoting Derek Wilson <dwilson at dollarcar.com>:
> I believe folks that OUR QUEEN Larrissa is asking that WE change our
> plans. While the polling of the Populace is important to US it
> cannot be more important than the problems she is facing when it is
> her home that was nearly lost...

Now, I may be mistaken here but Her Majesty has stressed that the decision of where to hold the poll is in our hands.  I believe that people are just looking at options that might be amenable to HM.
If anyone's jumped the gun on this by assuming that we must have Cimmaron as a site, it's me -- and even so, I'm trying to find ways to help those who might not be able to make it to where ever is finally selected.  Mistress Talana pointed out that we already have a room booked at TU, which is 1 1/2 to 2 hours from Cimmeron.  To me it appeared that all Lady Ismet was doing was presenting another, reasonable, option.  If HM would be willing, and if the group isn't legally able to cover it (legal details best left to Reeves and Exchequers), we can pass the hat, or, needs must, I'd pay for the ticket myself.

I'm confident that we are all aware now that Their Majesties have suffered a truly horrible tragedy.  I for one feel deeply honored by their decision to soldier on with their Royal duties and Obligations, especially those benefiting Northkeep.  For myself, I know that my interest is in helping them in any way I can with their difficult duties up here - as I'm sure we all are.

Marc/Diarmaid