[Northkeep] Joke/Losing the load

Miriam Cook zahavabathannah at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 16 18:06:34 PDT 2002

This is a response not only to Jessemy, but to anyone
who may feel in the same way.  I think what this boils
down to is that the person in question was
specifically asked to not post "off-color"
jokes to this list, both publicly and privately by
both our Baron and the Virtual Scribe, the list
manager.  If at ANY time I am asked not to post
off-topic (I was the KITTEN Jessemy referred to....) I
will CEASE immediately! No Question, no complaints...
and it doesn't have to be the Baron or List Admin
either, if a person, a member of this Populace is
offended by my words and lets me know I will correct
the behavior, that is what being honorable and
chivalrous is about.  Isn't that what our Society
hopes to achieve?

In Service to the Dream,

Zahava

--- Geni Gorham <geni_rn at swbell.net> wrote:
> Diarmaid,
> What is the difference in posting a joke that
> someone might enjoy.  Then in who
> wants a kitten, update on someone's kids, or need
of
> a handy man.  They are all
> off topic.  If you unsubscribe 1 you need to do
it
> to all and make this a topic
> specific list.  Northkeep business.
> As far as I'm concerns the jokes were not
offensive.
>  I look at this as X is ok
> to post whatever they want but Y better not she
get
> unsubscirbed.
>  My 2 cents,
> Jessamy
>
> Marc Carlson wrote:
>
> > >From: Dandi11382 at aol.com
> >
> > So, after ignorning complaints from the
list, and
> my private request that
> > you not do this -- all I can assume is that
you
> are asking me to unsubscribe
> > you.  Cool.  Bye.
> >
> > Marc/Diarmaid

=====
Reality is merely and illusion, albeit a persistent one.
                                -----A. Einstein
I'm trying to tell you something about my life
Maybe give me insight between black and white
The best thing you've ever done for me
Is to help me take my life less seriously, it's only life after all.  ---Indigo Girls "Closer to Fine"