[Northkeep] Fiore in Tulsa (Review)

Sheri Eppler seppler at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 19 20:17:33 PST 2002

This was my first Bob Charron seminar, and it was excellent.  Bob is
very knowledgeable, both with the academic and the martial aspects of
the Flos Deullatorum.  The manual itself is laid out in a logical
manner.  It begins with grappling and the sections on transition to
dagger, dagger, arming sword, longsword, poleaxe, and spear all build
on the grappling section.  I found this made the system far easier to
learn than I had been expecting, as grappling was the underlying
premise for the other techniques.

Bob is an excellent instructor - extremely patient and always willing
to answer questions and demonstrate techniques over again.

Incidentally, the scholarly aspect of the manual is most interesting;
the symbology involved is fascinating.  I heard several others mention
that they wouldn’t mind the academic side of the presentation being
stretched out, even though Bob stated that it could go on for days...

Thanks to all who attended - ARMA DFW, Bramble's, Gibson's, SCA, and
those who aren't affiliated...we hope you enjoyed it as much as we did.
 We'd also like to encourage any feedback that you have regarding this
seminar.

Thanks to Bob Charron - it was simply exceptional.

Sheri