[Northkeep] A possible solution

Tamberlin tamberlinofnk at yahoo.com
Fri May 24 07:12:26 PDT 2002

I post this to add to HE Ainar's contemplation.

Much to many's disbelief I belong to that group of shy
people.  ALL of my outgoingness is forced.  I am
desperatly shy & frequently feel I'm intruding on
others time unless I know them VERY well.  My personal
solution is to try to get to know people well enough
so I can read them & know when I AM butting in.  One
of Northkeep's problems in my humble opinion is we're
never around each other enough to get to know each
other that well.  With the result being the latest
round of posts.
We have one populace meeting a month (which not
everyone is capable to get to due to work etc).
Fighter practice usually twice a week.  Which not
everybody goes to because not everybody is into
fighting (sorry Angus but you really aren't the center
of the universe-just teasing :). That's it.
Everything else is a specific thing at a persons house
for a specific reason.  I've been to needleworkers
twice.  Not because I don't like Faolan or her cats
(ok maybe the cats with my allerigies :) I just have
no interst in sewing etc.  Both times I went were for
specific reasons.  As a result I really don't know any
of the seamstresses.
I think we need to look into doing something as a
barony on a regular basis.  Maybe it's a revel on the
last friday of the month or having more then one
populace meeting.  Whatever.  People have to spend
time with each other in order to become friends.  And
frankly we don't spend time with each other.  Don't
kid yourselves.  We are a barony of friendly
aquaintances.  And even then not always friendly.
I think this is a great barony to be apart of.  Do not
get me wrong.  When Randel moved up here he opened my
eyes about something.  He asked me what all was going
on & when.  I told him & he said "That's it?"  Just
something to think about.

Tamberlin

=====