[Northkeep] Sir Balvins Defence

The Suarez Family family at suarez-turner.com
Sat May 25 12:04:56 PDT 2002

Sir Balvin,

 I wish to understand your words, so for purposes of clarification I am
asking the following.

 Am I to understand from this that you believe that I made up everything
that happened and that it was my "world view" that caused me to feel
that I was rebuffed when trying to become involved in Northkeep
activities? My expectations of people to help me connect with people
with the same interests as mine within this group are considered by you
to be "unrealistic"?
 So what you are saying, in summary, is that I should shut up and find
something else to do because other people have had nothing but good
experiences and so I should not tell anyone that I have a problem (like
Laird Ian suggested I should have done) or am I completely
misunderstanding? Please, before more miscommunications occur, clarify
exactly what you meant to say here, and if your words were, in fact,
directed at my sharing of my feelings or at the gentleman who left with
his wife because they too felt unwelcome and couldn't afford to play
elsewhere?

Perhaps none of this is accurate at all, and this is just a failing of
email communications itself combined with high emotions. I would prefer
to think so, but fear that is not the case.

Thank you and sincerely,

Sioned

<snip>
> Diarmaid as I read that letter I found myself thinking we are
> not responsible for this persons shyness or percieved slight
> nor do I believe any evil Northkeep people tried to hurt this
> person.  It appears there were some misunderstandings and
> apparently unrealistic expectations of the all to human
> members of this Barony.  My response was curt, deliberately.
> When I hear someone blaming others and (what I saw as) trying
> to inspire guilt and "we've been bad" response it gets me
> going.  Especially when I don't hear anything deliberatly
> hurtful or that some small thing was made into a large thing
> to satisfy an individual's view of the world.
<endsnip>