[Northkeep] FW: [Sca-cooks] Fw: [medieval-leather] Viking Book and course

Betsy Marshall betsy at softwareinnovation.com
Thu Oct 3 17:46:22 PDT 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: sca-cooks-admin at ansteorra.org
[mailto:sca-cooks-admin at ansteorra.org]On Behalf Of Phlip
Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2002 6:25 PM
To: SPCA; sca-east at indra.com; SCA-Cooks; Alexey Kiyaikin aka Posadnik
Subject: [Sca-cooks] Fw: [medieval-leather] Viking Combs

----- Original Message -----
From: "Frojel Gotlandica" <frojel at dcsi.net.au>
To: <medieval-leather at yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2002 7:17 PM
Subject: RE: [medieval-leather] Viking Combs

Dear friend,
Just want to tell you that our next volume in the series of Viking artifacts
now
is ready and available to purchase. Please have a look at: www.arkeodok.com.
I would of course very much appreciate if you could put this information
forward on email list and to people interested in Vikings.

I would at the same time like to tell you about a university course that we
will start next spring about the Viking Society. It will be run by our
university
at Gotland and through Internet. To be able to join the course, one should
have what we call basic requirement, meaning that one is able to go to
university. One might also be able to join the course, if one has a working
experience in a field adjacent to the subject. The course will be run
between
the beginning of February to the end of May, halftime. The course is a fully
university course, meaning that there will be points to be used in your
university studies.

Following this course, we are also offering a summer course about Viking
Landscape, in that way that we will have a excavation course on the island
of Gotland, Sweden. We have since 6 years been having these international
excavation courses and the excavation will take place at the very important
Viking Age harbour on Gotland, Sweden called Frojel.

You are most welcome to join us, both in the Internet course about Viking
Society, and the excavation course. We will have more information at our
home page at: http://viking.hgo.se. There is at the moment a bit more
information about the courses at the home page, so please have a look if you
are interested. I would also very much appreciate if you forward this
message
to anybody that you know would be interested in Viking courses.

Best regards
Dan Carlsson
--------------

Associate Professor Dan Carlsson
ArkeoDok

Bl?eldsv"gen 3
621 50 Visby, Sweden
Tel. +46-498-218560
Fax. +46-498-218560
Email: dan at arkeodok.com
www.arkeodok.com

Fr"jel Gotlandica Viking Re-enactment Society.
http://www.frojel.com/
frojel at frojel.com