[Northkeep] Titles - Was Re: Protectorate

Susan catmafia at swbell.net
Sun Oct 13 21:51:36 PDT 2002

At 12:39 AM 10/14/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>The correct form would be to use only one title, usually the highest.
>Sometimes you can gracefully work in another, for example "His Execellency,
>Sir Barn".  But you wouldn't say "Baron, Sir, Master Barn".
>      So it would be Sir Miguel who won Protectorate.
>
>Robert  (Who's been hanging out with heralds all weekend.)

Hehe, Kit did alot of that too.  Is one of the other practices, when they
hold multiple ones of that nature, to use the one that is applicable to the
occasion.  Such as an A&S question to a Laural that also holds other
titles, using Mistress or Master?  Such as Ulf and bardic activities?  Or
Don when Miguel is doing Rapier activities?  You bring up Barn and that
highlights one of my other questions, when does Earl get used?

Thanks,

Susan the heraldicly challenged