[Northkeep] Tobler on Ringeck on Liechtenauer

Marc Carlson marccarlson20 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 15 11:01:16 PDT 2003

For those of you who missed this seminar this past weekend (graciously
hosted by Johanne, Gibson’s Martial Arts & The Midwest Historical Fencers
Project, all I can say is "too bad, your loss" :)

If you made it to the Fiore seminar last year (done by Bob Charron), the
Ringeck's interepretation does cover _some_ of the same material, but from a
somewhat different perspective.  For example, while in Fiore things
likegrappling, locks, holds and joint breaking were part of the foundation
of the system, here they were more of an option that was only touched on.
Here there was a LOT more sword work, and only four major guards to work
with.

And of course you missed Talana trying to break my nose with a waster :)

Anyway, it really was excellent.  You might want to try to catch it if Jon
brings Christian back out again.

Marc/Diarmaid