[Northkeep] Opinion on Wars

Theresa Kwasny thkwasny at cox-internet.com
Thu Jan 30 15:24:01 PST 2003

I haven't been to Pensic, so I can't comment on that one.  I have been to
both Lilies and Gulf, and there is no doubt about it, Gulf wins.

Lilies:  the lake at Lilies is gross.  After swimming in it, I got an ear
infection so bad my ear was bleeding, and it is too hot not to take a dip in
the water.  If you are an archer, there is tons of archery.  If you are an
armored fighter, there is tons of fighting.  If you are a partier, there is
tons of partying.  If you like arts, sciences, bardic etc, there is
something for you too.  Since it is in Calontir, if you are a rapier
fighter, you are out of luck.  Overall it has both good and bad points.

Gulf:  Cool enough not to need a lake, though you are virtually guaranteed
to get rained on at least once.  It is a beautiful wooded site.  Site seeing
is a must.  The gates various groups have put up (now to include Ansteorra's
glorious gate) and the fort makes wandering around site a pleasure.
Shopping is much better than at Lilies.  It has all of the activities Lilies
has, and more (like rapier and equestrian)!  A good time can be had by all.

Therese