[Northkeep] Serger recommendations anyone?

Betsy Marshall betsy at softwareinnovation.com
Tue Jul 22 12:41:34 PDT 2003

Have you ever sewed with a serger?
What sort of things are you going to employ it for?
Interior edge finishes? Excellent for this, also rolled hems- more like
"wrapped edges" actually
Main seams/assembly? Best if you have the 4 needle model/option-3thread
only tends to separate at bad moments
Surface stitching/embellishments? A Very advanced technique- I could
never make this one come out looking like anything.

We had the promo model from Cloth World, before they were bought out by
Jo-anns but it stays with mom, and I find I don't _need_ it for the garb
I do- though it would likely be very handy for mundane clothes, I just
don't sew that many of those any more.

Best advice; save up enough shekels to buy a quality machine!
Might also want to search the archives on H-Cost- this question arises
regularly there.

Hoping to be helpful -Pyro