[Northkeep] the next event

Susan O'Neal catmafia at swbell.net
Mon May 5 17:04:00 PDT 2003

Trish,

I am so sorry you had a rough time.  As hospitaller, I did all I could by
making my position well known ahead of time and welcoming ones to join me
under the pavillion.  I made a few circuits around, looking for our
newcomers, to bring them in.  When I saw you was at the beginning of the
day, over at the waterbearers pavillion and you seemed to be busy there
with the set up.  I missed the first round of the tourney, as my seamstress
had just got to the event and I was getting my dress fitted and finished
and was indisposed, amusing story for another time.  I am sorry if you
looked for me in this time and I was unavailable.

As has been mentioned, Crown in a different tournement.  For a large number
in the Barony, this is the first time they have ever been to a Crown
Tourney and really didn't know how it all goes.  The other thing is, of the
people up near the list field, most of them weren't from Northkeep.  The
members of the Barony were all over the site working on all the behind the
scene activities, most of the ones at the list field were also very
occupied in different commitments.

I hope you will give us another chance, but respect your choice to move on
if you like.  You have had several great responces and Diethelm's offer
would be a great opportunity to see all.  We have had a ton of new people
in the last couple of months and it is hard to give a person an all over
introduction to the SCA in a short time, and actually give a good idea
about about things in the beginning.  I will do all I can to be at Fighter
Practice on Wednesday to hold an informal visit time for newcomers, should
be there around 6:30 or 7.

Susan the Curious
Hospitaller of Northkeep
Kingdom of Ansteorra