[Northkeep] Demo, party of 1, your table is ready...

Anawyn at aol.com Anawyn at aol.com
Sun Oct 26 13:17:45 PST 2003

OK, it is past 3:00 PM now, just got home, because I was the only one at the
Grissom demo scheduled for 2:00 - Zahava'a phone number in the farspeaker
shows disconnected, so what's going on? They were definitely looking for us, I
spoke to 3 people who were in charge of things, and they were really eagerly
awaiting: "by the way, where are the rest of your group?" Finally had to tell
them, I don't know.
 I don't mind doing a demo alone, as long as there is a venue for that, but
they were certainly expecting more. It is embarrassing to be part of a group
that had a fairly simple commitment, and failed to live up to it, big time.
As a group, we are not always able to fulfill all the demo requests we
receive, and that's fine. We all have jobs and prior appointments or places we have
to be, or want to be, instead. It is no shame to have to tell whoever is
requesting our presence, that we are sorry, we do not have any takers for your
program at this time, but thank you for asking.
As a nonprofit organization, the SCA has a commitment to the community at
large for public works. We are not able to maintain our status without that. That
cannot be overstated, and certainly needs to be taken seriously, folks.
Anawyn
Who is pretty much disgusted