[Northkeep] Demo, party of 1, your table is ready...

Sally Stewart ladyannisatteroseberry at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 26 21:34:05 PST 2003

same thing happened to us on Saturday at the Scottish Rite Temple in Guthrie!!  Ld Skerri was really rather upset at not getting to fight.  If we had not also had the plan of visiting some friends of mine while in the area, I would have been even more upset then him at the money that was spent to get there and home again for nothing!!

So, Anawyn, we too feel your pain!!

*hugs*  Lady Annis

Anawyn at aol.com wrote: OK, it is past 3:00 PM now, just got home, because I was the only one at the Grissom demo scheduled for 2:00 - Zahava'a phone number in the farspeaker shows disconnected, so what's going on? They were definitely looking for us, I spoke to 3 people who were in charge of things, and they were really eagerly awaiting: "by the way, where are the rest of your group?" Finally had to tell them, I don't know.
 I don't mind doing a demo alone, as long as there is a venue for that, but they were certainly expecting more. It is embarrassing to be part of a group that had a fairly simple commitment, and failed to live up to it, big time.
As a group, we are not always able to fulfill all the demo requests we receive, and that's fine. We all have jobs and prior appointments or places we have to be, or want to be, instead. It is no shame to have to tell whoever is requesting our presence, that we are sorry, we do not have any takers for your program at this time, but thank you for asking.
As a nonprofit organization, the SCA has a commitment to the community at large for public works. We are not able to maintain our status without that. That cannot be overstated, and certainly needs to be taken seriously, folks.
Anawyn
Who is pretty much disgusted

Lady Annis atte Roseberry    Barony of Northkeep    Kingdom of Ansteorra