[Northkeep] Ivan the Terrible, part II

DulcetKitten at aol.com DulcetKitten at aol.com
Sat Oct 11 00:53:45 PDT 2003

I was insomniac surfing and came across TCM playing the 1940-something movie
Ivan the Terrible part II, filmed in Russia in the 1940s by Sergi Eisenstein.
Apparently the film wasn't released because Stalin had banned it...and it
wasn't shown until about 10 years later.  Being a Russian persona from the time
period, it was interesting to see how Russians depicted it...though I'm not
sure how much of the movie was authentic.  Has anyone else seen it?  If so, what
was your take?

btw....the Polish court shouting "Vivat! Vivat! Vivat!" reminded me of all of
you.  I miss you guys!  I'll get back into the swing of things once the opera
is over (I hope).  This one is going to be amazing....I haven't had this much
fun on an opera in years. (The silk party dresses don't hurt!...wish I could
smuggle one out. heheh)

Das'vidanya!
Kasha Ivanova