[Northkeep] Demo, party of 1, your table is ready...

Burke McCrory burkemc at cox.net
Mon Oct 27 21:51:29 PST 2003

At 08:57 PM 10/27/2003 -0800, you wrote:

>Well where was he?  Or when did he get there?  Because Lord Skerri and I
>(and our 2mo old daughter Heather) were there, in garb, WITH Skerri's
>Armor on Saturday, during the "important hours" of lunch, and found no
>other SCA'ers with armor present for Skerri to fight with.  We checked in
>at the tent labeled "Office" and were told we were the only ones from our
>group there.  Skerri got his armor unloaded, and left it with shield in
>front of the pile close to the Office tent, and we kept checking in.  with
>no one to fight with, the three of us left around 2pm or so due to we felt
>it wasn't worth chancing the cold wind getting Heather sick.
>
>I guess we could have used better information on where we were to find
>others once we got there, as we didn't find you, either.
>
>I hope I don't sound "bitchy", I don't mean to... I just don't want you to
>overlook the fact that you could have had at least two fighting on
>Saturday (or with you, three) and even a Lady with baby watching from the
>erik.  (oh, and Skerri brought rope for the erik, too)
>
>Lady Annis

My Lady,

I do not know where Lord Dougal was at any given time on Saturday.  As was
pointed out, I had Masonic duties inside the temple which did not allow me
to come outside very much on Saturday.  I have been told that Lord William
from Mooneschadowe also came down on Saturday but I do not know when or for
how long.  I do appreciate that you and your lord came down to the demo and
am sorry that you and the others missed connections.  Because of the
troubles that were evident in not having an official SCA coordinator for
the demo this weekend, I have recommended to Lord Dougal that he help
coordinate next years demo through his office as Wiesenfeuer Knight
Marshal.  It will be up to the Barony of Wiesenfeuer to coordinate the demo
as it is almost impossible for any of us who are members of the Scottish
Rite to be in positions of responsibility both inside and outside during
the weekend.  Again, I thank you both for making the trip down to the
temple and hope that you at least got to come in and take the tour of this
most impressive building.

Sir Burke