[Northkeep] sewing question

Jennifer Carlson talana1 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 2 03:59:03 PDT 2004

Since you already have the shell and the lining made up, I'd go for
stitching them together around the neckline/front opening/hem perimeter,
leaving a gap of a few inches to turn it through.

To finish the armholes, mark your stitching line (I ususally to this with
stay stitches if using a machine, or basting stitiches if by hand).  Clip
the seam allowance to allow the finished seam to lay flat, tuck the seam
allowances inward, and stitch with blind stitch or tiny overcast stitches
(refer to your little sewing kit - you've done both kinds).

There are other assembly techniques that let you bypass having to turn and
stich the armhole, which I can talk about if anyone's interested.

Talana
(not yet 6:00 am and way sleepy but trying to catch up on her e-mail before
having to leave town for a few days)