[Northkeep] taxes ??

J. Stenhouse Designs man-o-wool at excite.com
Thu Jan 8 16:15:08 PST 2004

 My concern is for the SCA, but being mindful of the Merchant.  Perhaps the Local group can have an event without having to get the sales tax permit and the merchant can expose the Good Gentles to their wares without exchanging funds at that time(a person is responsible for their sales tax regardless).   I am sure that the autocrat would appreciate Not having to deal with the Ok Tax Comm. Events may be the only way some customers and merchants can meet.  A show of wares without sales(at that time) would avoid the state intanglements and let us have the types of events we are used to.  In my opinion merchants add color and interest to events.  Who hasn't spent time looking at wares while waiting on the next scheduled event? Seamus James StenhouseJames Stenhouse Designs / Fine Quality Kilts and Custom Clothing--- On Thu 01/08, Herndon, Darin < DHerndon at bswintl.com > wrote:From: Herndon, Darin [mailto: DHerndon at bswintl.com]To: northkeep at ansteorra.orgDate: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 17:29:31 -0600Subject: RE: [Northkeep] taxes ??Asking any of us to explain the legislature's tax actions is probablyfutile. But a fund-raiser for a registered non-profit corporation and asale from a for-profit merchant are very different things.On Seamus point, Kingdom A&S is focused on the presentation of periodarts and sciences and is run in that manner. Almost like a competitionor county fair. I actually know several artists who enter A&S that alsomerchant their wares, but their focus is certainly on presenting wellfor the judges, not for finding business.Etienne_______________________________________________Northkeep mailing listNorthkeep at ansteorra.orghttp://www.ansteorra.org/mailman/listinfo/northkeep