[Northkeep] As part of my ongoing effort to annoy people with useless information:

Marc Carlson marccarlson20 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 28 10:53:00 PST 2004

(I'm crossposting this from the NK-Redtape list)

for some costuming ideas...

>From the Varberg museum in Sweden:

http://www.lansmuseet.varberg.se/page_look.asp?sidnr=125

Especially the Bockstenmannens Drakt (Bocksten Mans Dress/Garments), which
includes the patterns for his cloak (Mantel), Hood (Struthatta), Tunic/Cotte
(kjortel), Hosen (Hosor) and shoes (Skor).  Price of 60 Kroner (Swedish) -
which is about $8.

I also think that most of these would be pretty good, if just from a
costuming improvement standpoint (again, virtually all of them are flawed
from an accuracy standpoint, which is pretty darned irritating coming from a
Museum, but they should be standardized patterns and easy to use).

If anyone does decide to order from these folks, please let me know -- I'll
be happy to add onto their order a little :)

Marc/Diarmaid