[Northkeep] Moved and Settling

Ian Dun Gillan ian1550 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 22 18:05:00 PDT 2004

Greetings one and all,

I am writing to you from near the tributaries of Northkeep where we have
settled into the cottage of Kelandra's dearly departed Mammy. The house sits
on a rise with a good view along one of those paved roman roads.  We have
found that our front  door is with in a long bow shot of the protection of
the old garrison, which is very reassuring. Right across the way from us is
the local street cleaners guild, a tidy bunch to  say the least. Just a
stones toss down the street is a very smart and peaceful chapel, a fine
businesses district, and the local far speakers guild, which has pleased our
scribe to no end. Fort Gibson we have found is a flourishing and fit
community.

All our worldly goods made the move safely if not a little moist around the
edges. The carters were a  entertaining lot with a mix of conveyances. The
drivers and their teamsters made the work and the mood light, despite the
weather. We are ever so thankful for the most excellent service they
rendered. With out them things would never have gone so well. We feasted one
and all in a nearby inn where we hope their rounded bellies were amply
filled.

There is a nearby port town on the river which is a booming place and ripe
for trade with Northkeep. I hope to make a jaunt or two to explore the
markets and shops over the next week, after we finish with all of the
unpacking of course. Perhaps I can find a sampling of its goods worthy
enough to entice the citizens of Northkeep down for a day  trading.

Once all things have found their place in the house and outbuildings we plan
on inviting one and all for a revel to celebrate our good fortune and safe
arrival. Until then think fondly of us and we will see you all at meeting
come populace.

Kind Regards,
Laird  Ian Dun Gillan