[Northkeep] badges

Stephanie Drake sdrake at matrixservice.com
Wed Mar 3 08:06:09 PST 2004

Generally, I believe a badge is something used to mark your posessions...........  I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.  Most people like to have their badge be reflective of their device, for instance my device has a turtle and a cross of cerdanya on it, my badge is probably going to be a turtle on a cross of cerdanya, or a cross of cerdanya on a turtle.......decisions, decisions...........

Any member of the Barony can bear the Baronial badge, and I'm guessing that one could look on your kids as your posessions so they could bear your badge, as well as the Barony's, being populace members.......

As far as acceptable designs, if you plan to register the badge you will need to follow the standard heraldic rules and check for conflict, etc.  If you have an idea brewing you might drop Masamune a note and see what he thinks........  There's a heraldic meeting on the 11th and on the 25th - I can't remember which one is commenting and which is consulting..............

Mercedes