[Northkeep] canning meats

Vickie Barbour vickiesltw at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 9 15:48:44 PST 2004

When backpacking the Appalachain Trail in 2001 my hubby made all kinds of meat dishes dehydrated them and sent them to me.  Have to soak about 20 minutes to rehydrate and then heat up.  You can just do meat or complete dishes.

Gelis
"Horn, Trisha D." <tdhorn at saintfrancis.com> wrote:
I've seen where cold/leftover meats are mentioned... Did the spices
originally cooked with the meat partially preserve it or did people just
have tougher innards? Or did a colder climate make a difference?
R...

********* Email Confidentiality Statement *********
Visit http://www.saintfrancis.com/emailconf.asp