[Northkeep] While others were off at the war . . .

Anawyn at aol.com Anawyn at aol.com
Wed Mar 24 15:51:45 PST 2004

In a message dated 3/23/2004 9:23:44 PM Central Standard Time,
talana1 at hotmail.com writes:
She had
no idea anyone in Tulsa might be interested in historical cuisines, and was
even more surprised at the things they carried that food historians might
come to them for.
Ooooo! I noticed that too! Seriously great spices, etc., and conveniently
divided by country, if you are attempting to duplicate ethnic cuisine. And, I can
think of no other bakery in town, and I am including the divine Merritts,
that can even attempt the kinds of pastries displayed there. If you have admired
the elegant dainties seen only on Food TV, you can now bring 'em home if you
have the cash to do so!
Two things: one, it is so wonderful that, even if you can't afford some of
the goodies, it is still a delight for the eye, and two, they have made a great
emphasis on the fact that, if they do not have it, they will order it for you.
Something to keep in mind for those elusive feast ingredients!
The market is something along the lines of going to a museum for beauty, and
maybe getting a trinket in the museum shop, I think. You can still admire,
even if you can't afford, and yes, Talana is right, it is worth the trip to check
it out!
Anawyn