[Northkeep] Fw: Admiral Twin Drive-In, Tulsa

Stephanie Drake steldr at cox.net
Mon Feb 7 12:24:02 PST 2005

Ok guys - my mother in law sent me this - after the success of getting the Tulsa Zoo a prize, thought we might look toward the drive-in.  I have really fond memories of going there with my Grandma when I was little............

Mercedes

This is kind of neat...Hampton Inns is having a contest where they will spend $20,000 to refurbish a "hidden landmark." Tulsa's Admiral Twin drive-in is one of two contenders...(the other is the Bridge of Madison County featured in the Clint Eastwood movie of the same name.) The Admiral Twin was featured in the 1980s movie "The Outsiders" as the ultimate 1950s teen hangout. It is Oklahoma's largest drive-in with a capacity of 1,000 cars. Whichever gets the most votes wins. You can go here to vote:
http://www.hamptonlandmarks.com/HamptonLandmarks/LandmarkVoting.jsp?adId=hiddenlandmarks,voting,30)

You can vote every day thru March 31st.