[Northkeep] Saga Articles

Marc Carlson marccarlson20 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 1 12:53:38 PST 2005

Several years ago, while she was Seneschal, Livia came up with a list of
"populace chats" that she intended to write up as articles for the Saga.  I
got the list from her, and it promptly fell into one of the paper piles in
my office, and It's only now that it got yaked back out of the pile.  So I
thought I'd post it since most of these would STILL make dandy articles for
the Saga.  If you see something on here that you know something about WRITE
an ARTICLE for the group and give it to Lynne (or even better, if they cause
any of you to think of better article topics, write one of those).

Precedence
Basic Courtesy
Sumptuary Laws
Basic Heraldry
Requirements for Heraldic Submission
Heraldic Vocabulary
Recommended materials for Period Garb
Current Armor Requirements
Achievement Scrolls - how to get them/who gets them
Basic research - Persona, name , general
Care of Edged Steel
Basic First Aid Kit
How to Survive an Ansteorran Summer
How to Deal with Mundanes at a Demo
Kingdom Awards
Proper Supervision of Children
Minimum requirements for Activity in the SCA
Honor system on the list field
The Offices, what they are, their hierarchy
How to deal with the Mundane Press.
Marshallate Rules
How to Act at a Demo/Image to Convey.

I can tell you all that the hardest part of writing articles for the Saga is
sitting down and doing it.  If you can write an Email, you can write an
article.  Articles for the Saga aren't long and shouldn't be.   They aren't
hard, even if you can't write.  If you think you can't write, then once it's
written, find someone to edit it for you (rule of thumb - ALL first drafts
are bad).   I'll tell you though there are few things more cool than seeing
your name in print for the first time :)

M/D