[Northkeep] Saga Articles (Very silly, sorry bout that)

Chuck Kaun jack_a_lope31 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 1 17:26:44 PST 2005

Why do you want articles on these things?  Here....let me explain them to
you.

>Precedence - I take precedence over you.  (Selfishness 101)

>Basic Courtesy - I went to Army Basic, there aint no such thing as Courtesy
>there, trust me.

>Sumptuary Laws - What the heck's a Sumptuary?

>Basic Heraldry - Did Herald go to Basic too?  I dont remember him.

>Requirements for Heraldic Submission - Full Nelson, works every time for
>submission.  Especially for Herald, hes not very tough.

>Heraldic Vocabulary - Yeah, Herald didnt read very much either, didnt know
>many words.

>Recommended materials for Period Garb - I learned about that when married.
>My wife always would run out and make ME buy the dang things for her.

>Current Armor Requirements - Armor and Current is BAD, it doesnt conduct
>worth a crap.  Use rubber, much safer.

>Achievement Scrolls - how to get them/who gets them - Scrolls?  This aint
>ancient Egypt is it?

>Basic research - Persona, name , general - why all this about Basic?  You
>go, Sergeants scream at you, enuff said I think.

>Care of Edged Steel - Is there any other kind of steel?

>Basic First Aid Kit - Lots of clean underwear, Drink water, Do lots of
>pushups before you go, otherwise its a lot of work when you first get
>there.

>How to Survive an Ansteorran Summer - WATER! WATER! WATER!!!  (Just for you
>Zubeydah) :D

>How to Deal with Mundanes at a Demo - What are Mundanes and unless they
>ante up, I aint dealing them in this hand or the next.

>Kingdom Awards - Well of course the kingdom awards you, I guess mebbe
>someone will tell us why.

>Proper Supervision of Children - I've heard a jar of ether in an enclosed
>space works wonders, but I don't have any children so I wouldnt know for
>sure.

>Minimum requirements for Activity in the SCA - Get out of tent, Shower, put
>on armor, fight, take off armor, shower, get drunk, pass out.  Subtract the
>armor and fighting thing for non-fighters, add cheering on fighters.

>Honor system on the list field - Doesn't list mean another way of falling
>over?  How is getting drunk honorable?  Is there a system for honorably
>falling over?

>The Offices, what they are, their hierarchy - CEO, CFO, upper management,
>supervisor, peon, any questions?

>How to deal with the Mundane Press. - Press them back.  Dang mundanes
>anyway.  What were they again?  :)

>Marshallate Rules - Ok, so he rules.  Whos Marshallate?

>How to Act at a Demo/Image to Convey. - Silly people, you dont ACT at a
>Demo, you fight at a demo or show people neat stuff about the SCA.  And as
>for images, I usually have some pictures of my nieces and nephew.  (like I
>said before, no kids)

I apologize for any who dont find this amusing.  My only advice to you
is......dont read it :D  I felt like being lighthearted for once and decided
to share my silliness.

Cearl, the sometimes silly.

"Wisdom begins in wonder" - Socrates