[Northkeep] Need Help with Scrolls and Insignia

Graue, Chris Chris.Graue at benham.com
Mon Jan 10 08:51:16 PST 2005

Get some decent brushes from Hobby Lobby (ask an employee if you have
to), or Michael's, even walmart might have some. They sell packets of
tiny brushes in varying sizes, real hair bristles are best, like
squirrel, but synthetics are alright, too... Just depends on how
seriously you want to get into painting. You should also get a plastic
pallet and goauche (water-based paints in tubes). You don't have to get
a thing of 50 colors, since colors can be mixed, and since they are
water-based, you can carry around your little plastic pallet forever.
You just wet your brush, rub on the dried paint in the pallet, until
your brush is loaded with enough paint, and begin.

Once you have these basic supplies, show up at Siobhan's house in Sand
Springs the 3rd Thursday of the month with the rest of us and Rosamund
will let you choose as many scrolls to paint as you like. I used to have
Scribal at my house, too, but my son's school decided to have their
once-a-month skate-night on the same night.

If anyone else has a suggestion on colors to get started with or if I've
left anything out, feel free to add... Or if I've given bad advice,
please correct me.

See you on the 20th!
Chris