[Northkeep] "Northkeep" in German

Chuck Kaun jack_a_lope31 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 4 11:04:32 PDT 2005

Nordturm would be about as close as we can get. There are three terms for
castle, "Schloss, Turm, and Burg".  Der Turm is the old expression for "The
Keep" however, which makes it the more accurate of the three.

The phrase you are looking for would be "Gisela aus Nordturm"  which means
"Gisela from Northkeep".

Also, most people dont realize that the German "W" is pronounced as the
English "V" whilst the German "V" is pronounced as the English "F".
Therefore Gisela von Wolfsburg would become Gisela "Fon" "Vulfsburg"

Karl Thorgeirsson, mundanely Chuck who speaks a little German.