[Northkeep] Dionadair Tourney

HNiewoehner at netscape.net HNiewoehner at netscape.net
Wed Sep 21 05:26:43 PDT 2005

Angus laid it out quite well.   He & I launched this thing as a practice tourney held at a fighters practice so even those who are not authorized can enter.

The tourney is open to any and all unbelted Northkeep fighters (that includes canton members).

As to the format, it required entrants to demonstrate skill with multiple weapons.  Basically a swiss five much like Guardian this past weekend.  Since then it's had a few changes and it's up to the current holder to decide the ultimate format.

One year the twist was that the field was a 10'x10' square 'tower top'.  If you stepped out of the square you fell to your death.

Last year, since the winner is our war leader, there were multiple melee scenarios instead of multiple weapons skills. I recruited former winners and non-NK fighters to show up and fill out the ranks of the "armies" with each person fighting for the title acting as team captain at least once each scenario.  This also meant everyone got a lot of fighting in.  We were not allowed to win the title, just to fight.

There's a lot more history and background if you really want to know but catch me off list or in person so I don't bore everyone on the list with it.

Herr-Domr Damon
   Dionadair X