[Northkeep] Winterkingdom Thank You's

j.t.herring j.t.herring at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 10 23:46:03 PST 2006

Ciamar a tha sibh,

I hope this missive finds you healthy, happy, and well rested. I write about
wInterkingdom. The likes of such a college has not been witnessed in many
years. The efforts of Northkeep, its friends, family, all of the teachers,
and all of those who attended lent to the grandeur of the event.

Grand was the day and wondrous the event. Nearly one hundred hours of
classes, almost two hundred and fifty people thru the gate, glorious trials
of marshal skill, and a tavern with soups so savory my mouth still waters, a
feast so proper for the table of a ships captain that I can still smell the
sea air and hear the shanties. Many a thing was learned, many a hero
honored, and many a kinship bonded before the last hour of the day. The
honor, glory, and overall sharing amongst the company of so many good
folk...My heart wells over with pride in what was accomplished.

For me wInterkingdom was a day and an event that those who founded and
developed this society should be proud of. The dream lived on in Northkeep
at wInterkingdom. For each and every person who had something to do with
wInterkingdom, from the mightiest of efforts to the least, from near and
far, all of us together worked together making something memorable. Each and
every one of you has my most sincere thanks.

For any who missed this event my most sincere condolences go out to you.
Perhaps next year we will be so lucky as to have an equal or better
wInterkingdom, and per chance the fates will smile on you so that you may
take part.

So many good things about people's experiences during wInterkingdom were
shared with me as we prepared to end the event I would very much like to see
written renditions of those remembrances shared here.

With great pride, much thankfulness, and kind regards I remain,
Ian Dun Gillan
Baron of Northkeep
Lord of Chemin Noir