[Northkeep] wInterKingdom Thank You's

greddi66 at juno.com greddi66 at juno.com
Tue Dec 12 03:34:56 PST 2006

Bonjour to all good gentles,

I want to share my joy and thank all those that attended the kite
making class over this past weekend during Northkeep’s wInterKingdom.
We had by the end of class 21 kites to be finished.  I was hoping that
we would have some time during court to show the kites off, but a long
Court was already planned.

Thank you to our Excellency Kelandra Carmichael  for helping me to
discover something to bring to wInterKingdom as a teacher and to help
keep an extra set of eyes on the children.  I want to thank the
Autocrates for allowing me this opportunity to provide entertainment
for our kids and to Kale for providing several sets of markers.  To
Katrina for bringing paint & brushes; it was intended to paint on
fabric kites, but with worries of the final matrials being to heavy,
the paint not drying quick enough and the possible mess, a last minute
(within 24hrs) change in materials seemed necessary.  I really want to
thank her for bring the supplies to the event.   There was also
several men I want to thank for there support:

Fredrick from Calontir, a fellow Rapier brother who participated and
helped keep the kids engaged with the drawings.

“Cookie” Shannon Doug Clark of House Halfiras during the first set of
kites’ construction, he kept the mood light and joyful.  We were able
to complete 11 of the kites before I ran to get more supplies.

Matt is a theatrical set designer that has traveled with his family
all over this continent of the known world and has attended various
events within the SCA.  His family, originally from within the
confines of Northkeep and somehow escaped our tax rolls (*wink*) have
recently moved back to the lands controlled by NK (Claremore) to help
open a new theater there.  He helped with the completion of the second
set of kites.  I hope that his experience this weekend will make him a
familiar face around NK.

Mongo, our fiery red-head with his tale of fighting the English with
maces . . . to this day it tickles my sides.  He stood with me till
the very end and helped with cleanup.

To all, thank you. . .

Warm blessings of the Holidays to all,
Lord Renault de Mont-Saint Michel