[Northkeep] Roving for wool soap

Miriam Cook zahavabathannah at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 5 13:54:58 PST 2007

So my mother really enjoyed Fair of the Harvest... it was not her first event, though I believe her first camping SCA event, but at this one she seemed to really have been made comfortable and I want to ?thank? (grin) everyone who welcomed her.

  So, on that... a monster has been created. A monster who lived in France, speaks French, was a college prof,  and has had a life long love affair with crochet, knitting, embroidery, lots of other fiber stuff and RESEARCH! Since FoTH she has learned lots and lots about Medieval knitting (Did you know that Eleanor of Toledo’s knitted lace stockings are legendary?).

  She is now wanting to make felted soap. Does anyone know where she might be able to find roving for wool soap? Oh and "I need some carded wool xxx (forgot the word!) rather than yarn" for knitting the children tunics for cold weather.

  Any assistance will be appreciated-- at least she has stopped calling it "Real-Live-D&D!"

  Zahava