[Northkeep] FW: Just because I self identified with at least 2 dozen of these....

Niewoehner, Hugh Hugh.Niewoehner at flightsafety.com
Fri Dec 14 05:47:13 PST 2007

		You know you are in the SCA when:

		1.Your friend's idea of camping involves a backpack and
yours involves
		a U-haul.

		2.People ask where you're from and you reply with a
barony or kingdom.

		3.People entering your house feel like they have walked
into a museum
		from the weaponry hanging on your walls

		4.You know you're in the SCA when your boyfriend is the
one dragging
		you to the fabric store.

		5.You have more than one bladed weapon within reach of
your bed

		6.You start judging the sword fighting in movies "Oh my
gosh, they are
		just hitting each other with swords. PARRY ALREADY!!!"

		7.You can't find your Seneschal's phone number in the
phone book
		because you can't remember his mundane name ;)

		8. The smell of fire and the sound of drums makes you
want to get up
		and bellydance

		9. You watch period movies with your friends and
everyone is going
		"ohh I want one of those, how do you think they made
that."

		10. You are watching a period movie and saying "That
isnt correct for
		that period." or "I know I could do better than that,
why doesnt
		Hollywood hire me for costuming."

		11. You can't understand why people freak out at the
		rapier/gladius/broadsword hanging delicately from your
belt.

		12. Someone comes up to you at an event and shoves a
tankard in you r
		face and says, "Here! Drink this!" And you don't mind at
all. Even if
		you find yourself off in the woods somewhere the next
morning. Hehehe

		13. You know what the drinks Varunchka, Mead, Apple Pie,
Love Potion
		and Swamp Water are and how fast they can get you drunk.

		14. You take a cloven fruit to an office holiday party

		15. You yell "Huzzah" at mundane events instead of
cheering "normally".

		16.After a party you ask yourself: "Hmm. Now where are
my clothes?"
		and you're stone sober and fully dressed.

		17.You've brushed your teeth with beer or vodka, because
it was easier
		to find than clean water.

		18. When you show off the massive freaking bruises from
battle and
		play 'name the weapon'.

		19. When someone outlines a bruise you can't see you can
name the
		fighter and weapon that caused it "oh that one? Thats
from 'Whump'"

		20. When you can find garb for any event/season/weather
within a few
		moments but a modern raincoat takes a determined quest
to uncover.

		21. When you are constantly answering questions of "are
you in a
		play?", " why are dressed funny?", or my personal
favorite in those
		places that are finally getting used to us, "oh! Is it
that time of
		year all ready?"

		22. People don't recognize you unless you are in garb.

		23. You can tell silk velvet from polyester velvet just
by the way it
		moves while watching the Count of Monte Cristo and have
a fabricgasm
		because you want that coat.

		24. You recognized at least 3 different styles of
pavilions that you
		want to own while watching the latest Harry Potter film.

		25. .....people think youre in a cult because you forgot
your coat,
		but your cloak is in your trunk

		26. The guy sitting next to you who looks as if he is a
life long
		member of the Hell's Angels is cross stitching.

		27. When more people know you by your society name than
mundane name.

		28. You have to explain to the cop writing the report
after a traffic
		accident on the way home from fighter practice why youre
dressed so
		funny and have so many swords in the car.

		29. When you wake up and you have no idea whose tent or
camp youre in!!!

		30. When you're stopped by highway patrol officer and
asked the
		faithful question, "Any weapons in the car?" You
respond, "Well,
		nothing but the hand and a half broadsword in the
trunk..." Much
		discussion and some show and tell later, you got a new
Shire member! :D

		31. you know your in the SCA when the day after fight
practice your
		girlfriend goes to the doctor for an appointment and the
doctor sees
		the bruises and asks where she got them and she says "my
boyfriend hit
		me with a stick, but its ok cause i hit him first." then
after an hour
		of explaining you have a new person showing up to fight
practice to
		check it out....

		32. you can set up a tent without directions

		33. When you find you and your friends teaching the
girls at Hooters
		about a cloven fruit.

		34.Your idea of 'taking things to the next level' in a
relationship is
		to invite them to an event

		35. 90% your bras have coins on them!

		36. You either know or have experienced the walk of
shame.

		37. You can't find your driver's license on a Monday
Morning because
		it's still in your pouch on your belt.

		38. You know better than to drink Strawberry Surprise at
Pennsic.

		39. After war it feels weird to be in a car going faster
than 10mph
		(although I'm pretty sure the shuttle isn't even that
fast)

		40. You still greet everyone with milord or lilady 2
weeks after war
		of an event, and you get weird looks for nodding or
bowing without
		realizing you are doing it.

		41) You can't salsa, break dance, or two-step, but you
are an expert
		at the Maltese Brawl, Toss the Dutchess, and other
period dances.

		42. You used to have a wok, but now you have a spangen
helm