[Northkeep] Attn: Diarmid Way OT

Marc Carlson marccarlson20 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 16 14:47:29 PDT 2007

>From: Vanessa Goins <ly_isabela at yahoo.com>
>Hey Diarmid, I remember you posted a link from some photos you shot while
>in England.   >(Wonderful stuff by the way.) What is the host site you're
>using?  The reason I'm asking everyone >is Yahoo photos is closing their
>site (photos that is) and I'm trying to decide which service to use.  >They
>have presented a number of options of free services I could go with.  One
>is Flickr, Snapfish, >Kodak Gallery, Photobucket and Shutterfly.  I
>wondered if anyone in the Barony could offer advice >or opinions on any of
>these services good or bad.  I'd appreciate any input.  I have until Sept
>to >make my choice.

I use Flickr.  Yahoo doesn't want to maintain two photo systems and is
dropping the least popular for the most popular.  The login is the same.
One thing they don't warn you about is that with a free account, you can
only have 200 pictures before it starts not remembering where it put the old
ones (if you keep links to the old one, they are supposed to still be
reachable, but they don't index).

M/D