[Northkeep] Did I Harsh Your "Dream?"

Montega montega at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 22:22:52 PDT 2007

Alright. I am going to give an opinion here and if you don't like it,
don't read any further.

The "Dream" as we call it is understood and lived out differently by
many people. Not everyone in our vast land is going to have the same
ideas. There are some things that have been bothering me lately and I
want to voice it.

FUN: Remember that? This is supposed to be fun. People are spending a
hell of a lot of money to be in the SCA just to have some fun-suckers
kill it.  If people feel like partying at night, so be it. If they
feel like going to bed at night, so be it. If they don't have a period
tent, and perfect garb that's ok, yet we still have rules lawyers
running around bitching that so-and-so can't be period for this or
that. I have news. NO one is period and I have only seen one person do
something completely period in this barony since I have been in it.

The List:  I am beginning to think that Northkeep can't be
lighthearted enough to take a few jokes or even merriment. Lately,
that every time someone pops a crack at something, someone is right
there to make a huge deal of nothing. Do we not have a sense of humor?
I can understand getting all bent over something that matters but when
someone is obviously joking, get over it.

Ass-Kissing: Overheard this weekend: "Well, if you want to be a part
of the in crowd in the SCA you have to kiss a lot of ass." I don't
know about any of the rest of you but that is never going to happen as
far as I am concerned and I would hope that all people would be
treated equal. Someone must have forgotten that this is a GAME. This
is NOT the world.

Court: Boring. Sorry. Unless we wire crown for sound people are always
going to talk because they get bored. No one is punching a time clock
here. They are there to have fun and yes that means in court too.
Granted there is polite and not polite but I have NEVER been in court
where NO one sat there and didn't say a word. Even the people bitching
about other people talking have talked themselves so move on.

 When I first joined this barony, someone said that Northkeep was kind
of stuck up. I refuse to believe that and I hope that some of you will
lighten up. If you didn't get it, I am here to have FUN and this is
just a GAME and I am going to play it the way I want to.

Montega