[Northkeep] application rejected ??

Marc Carlson marccarlson20 at hotmail.com
Fri May 18 12:51:40 PDT 2007

>From: "ld.blackmoon" <ld.blackmoon at cox.net>
>i see from the saga that there is still no baronial missile marshal , after
>several months .
>i placed an application for that position almost a month ago , with the
>baron , seneshal, northern >regional . does this mean that my application
>has been rejected ??

I'm not any of the people to whom this question was directed, so, since this
is the Internet, I think I'll put in a response.  Particularly since I know
absolutely zero about this particular selection.

I think if you ask around, you will find that more than a month is not out
of the question for a delay between an application being made and a decision
being announced.  Certainly it can be less time, but I'm sure it has a lot
to do with ALL the people involved in the process having the time to have
time to think about it.

In any case, I'm not sure that, if it were me wondering, if I'd ask about it
publically, on the list -- since that *could* be construed as an attempt to
pressure a decision through appealing to peer pressure.  This is not to
suggest that you shouldn't have done it, I'm just saying I wouldn't have
done it this way, and why.  Me, I'd have asked them privately - unless I
felt I really needed the pressure of the gallary - but then I can be an
asshole (for instance, this message could have just as well been sent
privately, but if I'd done so, I wouldn't have had the audience, and I do so
love an audience).

Marc/Diarmaid