[Northkeep] please help

zubeydah at northkeep.org zubeydah at northkeep.org
Thu Feb 7 09:18:24 PST 2008

Quoting ksullivan6 at cox.net:
> Please help
> need of blood transfusion. So if you could help my making a donation at the
> Blood bank in her name it would help. They are talking about at least 4 to 6
> pints in the next 2 weeks , and they are talking about a pint every 2 months
> after that.
> Her name is Katrin Williams
> Thank you for any help you can give, Mistress Alix Tiberga.

Mistress Alix:

What blood bank service does the hospital where your daughter will be receiving
treatment utilize?

The reason that I ask, is that I donate locally to OBI (Oklahoma Blood
Institute) and we had an employee at my company who was injured. We all assumed
at our office that the blood we were donating at the blood drive would be
credited to help our friend; however, as it turned out, the hospital did not
have a contract for blood services with OBI.  Some use OBI, some use Red Cross.

Donating in her name generally only works if one is donating to the group that
provides blood services to the hospital where she is getting treatment.

Is it OBI?  Red Cross?  another group?

If you'll let me know which group it is, I'd be glad to donate in your
daughter's name.

- Zubeydah

PS:  Also, you might want to check if her company does blood drives at their
location; if so, the donations of employees there can be credited towards
her 'account'.  (Anyone at the company I work for receives a discount on OBI
blood products needed, because we regularly do blood drives through OBI)