[Northkeep] Interesting

Jennifer Carlson talana1 at hotmail.com
Wed May 7 13:39:36 PDT 2008

Cottage cheese
Mozarella (can be done in 30 minutes, I'm not kidding)
Queso fresco
Marscapone
Ricotta (made from the whey from making another cheese)
Cream cheese
Neufchatel

And a whole bunch of others in the category of "fresh" cheeses are not aged.  Some are made with an acid such as vinegar or lemon juice, others are made with rennet.

Check out newenglandcheesemaking.com for supplies, recipes, and instructions.  I bought the 30-minute mozarella kit and by gum, it works!

If you go to foodnework.com and search for cheese recipes, you'll find a few.

Talana