[Northkeep] Rennet?

Jennifer Carlson talana1 at hotmail.com
Thu May 8 08:41:15 PDT 2008

The "Junket" brand tablets I had in my cabinet for years said on the box that it is only for making ice cream and junkets, not for cheesemaking.  You might want to make check before purchasing.  Junket tablets are also often found with the ice cream toppings.

Junket is a kind of dessert cheese, essentially a clabbered/clotted
(ooh that word!) milk, sweetened and served with fruit.  Like panna
cotta, only curdled instead of thickened with gelatin.

I have some rennet tablets from New England Cheesemaking Co. in my freezer that I'd share. They're the standard size tablets that recipes call for.

Talana