[Northkeep] wonderful demo yesterday

Jerry Herring j.t.herring at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 5 12:17:49 PDT 2008

If you had been there to see the wonder in the faces of young boys and girls
as they saw knights in armor come to life from  the pages of their story
books, and how they closely watched women weaving, and the blacksmith
forging, and the way they bowed as they approached the noble presence of our
Barony. Arthurian in scope and scale, or not, yesterdays demo at the Library
was a real treat to take part in. It was the faces of children who lit up as
they went about questing to recover such magical treasures as The Goode
King's Sword, Aladdin's Lamp, The Glass Slipper, and Red Riding Hoods Basket
(supposedly full of cookies, although we never did find any of those
cookies).

This library demo was made richer by all the good people of Northkeep who
were there participating. Thanks go out to Black Hawk and Alison who were
there to help unload the trailer. To Beohtlic and Elizabetta, Damon and
Ismet, and Debroah all of whom helped with the set up. There were many
others who came out to support us and due to their efforts Northkeep may
feel very proud.

Our dear cousins Brom and Audrella from Eldern Hills along with a crowd of
people from their fair Barony even drove up to aid Northkeep in this
endeavor which was a pleasant surprise. We felt that warm Northern Region
sense of family when the vans from Eldern Hills arrived. In appreciation for
the effort of the goode folk of Eldern Hills I offer my very personal and
most sincere thanks.

Well done one and all.
Kindly,
Ian