[Northkeep] OT: Lawn Mower Question

Jerry Herring j.t.herring at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 10 09:45:25 PDT 2008

Howdy All,
Sorry for the totally off topic  nature...but does any one know anything
about small engines?
My Murray 3.5 Briggs and Stratton 20" push mower is acting up and I need
some assistance.

This is what it does:
Sputter, sputter, black smoke, black smoke, sputter. When I try to mow grass
it dies.

This is what I have done::
Changed the air filter, changed the oil, changed the spark plug, and used
WD40 on the blade mounting.
No of my efforts so far have helped the situation.

This has been an ongoing problem for the last two months and I have tried to
fix it...it sort of works for a short while and then reverts to its current
useless state.

The lawn is out of control at this point and I need to get it mowed
ASAP...but I can not with the mower in it current state. Any thoughts,
ideas, help?

Kindly,
Jerry