[Northkeep] Fund Raiser

Tina Michael tinabetta at gmail.com
Wed May 6 18:22:35 PDT 2009

If the populace is willing and I can get together a goodly amount of
participants I would be willing to present an evening of entertainment
capped by a "slave auction". I was quite successful in Trimaris in raising
money for the Kingdom and when a well loved member was injured in a car
wreck we raised over $900.
 Basically we began the evening with a talent show (bardic) open to anyone
who wanted to performto gather and warm up the audience, then had a few
bouts of Kilted Wrestling, (don't know if you all do that here?) and when
every one got tidied back up we auctioned off all who felt the need to
volunteer themselves to the highest bidder. The "Slave" could offer whatever
goods or services they saw fit. Lots of fun and you really find out who your
friends are, tee hee! Friends don't let friend go cheap?
 Don't mind doing it for a good cause....
 Tina
 Looking for something to do at night

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 8:44 AM, Stephanie Drake <steldr at cox.net> wrote:

> Monday, Amanda Blackwolf posted that her good lord, Thormund Blackwolf,
> mundanely known as Jim Wallace, had injured his hand fairly grievously in an
> accident at work.  He is looking at a 2 month recovery time, which, since he
> is an automobile mechanic, means 2 months away from work.  His Excellency
> Ian has given permission for us to hold a fund-raising raffle at Castellan
> (June 5-7) this year so that we can raise some money to help out Thurmund,
> Amanda, Krystal and Alex.
>
> So the purpose of this missive is to beg items worthy of being raffled off.
>  Handmade items, baked goods, pieces of garb, ornamental items, weapons,
> pieces of armor - all is welcome.  The raffle will be run as raffles at
> Castellan have been in the past.  We will sell tickets for $1each on Friday
> and Saturday, then Saturday late afternoon, before feast, we will draw
> names, first picked gets the first pick off the table, etc.
>
> Please help to perpetuate the legend of the north's generosity to its
> people in need.  If you would prefer to send an outright donation to help
> the family, please contact me off-list at steldr at cox.net and I will get
> you contact information.  Thank you in advance for your kind help.
>
> Mercedes
>
> I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library. - Jorge
> Luis Borges

Any day above ground is a good day!