[Northkeep] SCA times I've enjoyed

Hugh & Belinda Niewoehner burgborrendohl at valornet.com
Mon Oct 26 19:51:24 PDT 2009

Hugh & Belinda Niewoehner wrote:
> I agree with Marc, there are several and it's hard to choose a favorite.
>
> Two of them occurred at War of the Lilies.  One--watching the
> fireworks while Volgemut from Germany (and others who cared to join
> them) played beautiful appropriate period music.  People circulated
> among the crowd with fabulous tidbits of food and there was an open
> bar sponsored by the Three Rivers group (I believe).  The fireworks
> were, as usual spectacular. The second was riding the drakkar Fyrdraca
> at Lilies the first time.  They had enough rowers so that I didn't
> have to do anything but occasionally bail out water.  I felt like
> Cleopatra as we rowed across the lake.
>
> Ismet

And to follow Ismet's thoughts...too many to name.

Some were those rare but possible moments where the mundane world
disappeared.  Lilies II  -  Baronies vs. Shires, each group had tabards
for all their fighters.  All you saw was banners and blocks of similarly
uniformed troops and inside my helm my mind said "Yeah".   Fernando's
Coronation in the Episcopal Cathedral.    The atmosphere and the
ceremony just...worked.

Sometimes its helping (or blowing the mind of) someone.

Sometimes it's as simple a thing as Ismet and I doing the four a.m. fire
watch at Rogers, seeing the guttering torches and the brilliant stars.

Damon

Sometimes it's having your own mind blown.